Nothing beats the feeling of experiencing the open waters. But before setting sail, it’s important to brush up on your boating lingo. In this video, you’ll get a few pointers to help you speak like a boater.
Some terminology refers to parts of the boat, while other terms are used to describe the boat’s actions. Common terms include:
- Bow: the front of the boat.
- Stern: the back of the boat.
- Starboard: the right side.
- Port: the left side.
- Windward: direction wind is blowing from.
- Leeward: direction away from wind.
- Course: direction the boat is sailing.
Now that you can speak like a boater, it’s time to sail like one! Contact the staff at Boat Tree Marina to learn more about our boat sales and rentals. Call us at (888) 485-9883.